XPS Network is a game changing video animation tool for coaches. I recently switched to using XPS Network after using generic video editing software for years. What makes XPS Network so valuable for coaches? It makes sport video analysis easy and video animation accessible for anyone with a computer.
One of the most frequent questions I get asked is how do you break down basketball game film? The second most frequent question I get asked is what software do I use to create my video animation graphics?
The first question I answered in a previous blog: Basketball Game Film Breakdown
The second question is now easy to answer. I use XPS Network
I made this Steph Curry video animation edit so my players could understand the various movements and decisions that go into setting and using a screen using XPS Network.
Different Ways Steph Curry Uses Screens
What does XPS Network do for you?
You have seen my edits across all my social media platforms. I also share many of those edits, and one’s I don’t share with you, with my team and individual players.
XPS Network is a full editing experience with animated telestration tools, which allow me as a coach to dynamically explain concepts and create sequences of graphics. Using it makes it easy for me to illustrate my ideas for you and my team. Since XPS Network is designed specifically for sports use, all of the tools I would want to use to highlight concepts are already in the software. The process of creating edits became faster and more effective, when compared with the previous video editing software I have used.
With XPS Network you can:
- Create lines, arrows and shapes. Important to note for basketball coaches is that you can make full and dashed ones lines, and there is a line representing a screen and a dribble.
- Add text boxes and labels to supplement your videos with more information
- Highlight items in your plays using a spotlight tool, highlight tool and a magnifier tool.
- Circle players or areas to centre attention onto players, areas or any other element in your video with the 3D Circles.
- Draw 3D arrows to visually represent different movements with this tool.
Disclosure: Please note that the link above is an affiliate link, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. Please understand that I have experienced this company, and I recommend it because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something through the link. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.